blog thesite
www.flickr.com

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Free Culture



I've been given an offer to help out with redesigning the Free Culture website. Anyone that knows where my interests lie will know that this is a HUGE deal for me. Free Culture originally came from the book of the same name by Lawrence Lessig, whom I met at the Library of Congress. After his book made huge waves, some bright students at Swarthmore got the idea to create an international student movement out of it. Hopefully I can help start a chapter up at AU if I end up going.

If anyone has any ideas for where I can take the design, let me know. I need some direction here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Meg said...

Hey... Free Culture sounds cool. Granted, I'm thinking I should read the book or do more than scan the manifesto before I actually for a real opinion, but i dunno it just kind of reminds me of Shawshank Redemption in a away. ok... possibly a random connection but hopefully it'll make sense at a more concious hour too. Helping with the website redesign sounds awesome. that'll be a cool opportunity for you, and the fact that you seem to be interested in the whole movement makes it even better.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous lois said...

IF you are going to AU!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? IF!?!?!?!?!?!

meh?? i thougt you are going for sure. i hope you are.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Hahaha. Use enough exclamation points/question marks there!?!?!?!?

Okay. Enough. I have no idea yet. Need to find out about the monies. I got an e-mail today from them saying that they posted it on my.american.edu. Except, I checked that and there was nothing...nothing at all. So I called and they told me, "Oh, it might be there in a day or two."

Hopefully we will know "in a day or two."

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home