blog thesite
www.flickr.com

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Celestia



So today I was browsing for apps for my brand-spanking-new PowerBook, and I came across something I definitely was not expecting to find. It's called Celestia. It's a 3D free space simulation that offers exponential zoom and a seamless interface. It is available for OSX, Windows, and Linux.

It sort of reminds me of the old Microsoft Space Simulator "game," but without the game elements.



Included features are downloadable add-ons, as well as the ability to make your own add-ons. Of course this got me thinking - what's the first thing that comes to mind of any geek? - what about Star Wars?

Sure enough, there are some Star Wars add-ons included.

(Also, for space buffs, there's plenty of other galaxies, asteroids, planetary systems, etc. included. First download for me is Andromeda.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home